Although we are closed for public tours until Spring 2018, we are not closed for visitation! The 1730 Conant House is open Tuesday-Friday, 11 am to 2 pm for self-guided tours to see our exhibit, “Falmouth: Changing with the Times”. Additionally, the Museums on the Green offers a full range of adult and family programs, including our 2018 Lecture Series. Costs to most lectures are $ 5 for members and $ 8 for non-members, and are held at our Cultural Center, 35 Katharine Lee Bates Road, Falmouth. We also offer historical trolley rides on Wednesdays during the fall (reservations required), and in the Spring, walking tours of Falmouth on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10 am (weather permitting).
You can also save money on our lectures by purchasing a 2018 Season Pass!
Free Fun Friday July 6
July 6 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFREE
The Museums on the Green is a proud participant again this year in the Highland Street Foundation’s “Free Fun Friday” program. From 10 am to 3 pm on Friday, July 6, all admissions and entertainment at the Museums will be FREE to all!
Among the things you will find that day:
- Free Red, White and Blue ice cream, compliments of Smitty’s Ice Cream in Falmouth (while supplies last!)
- 10 am-11 am: “The Bubble Guy” for kids
- 11 am-1 pm: Yarmouthport artist Ryan Cooper gives a hands-on demonstration of the traditional art of scrimshaw using tools and techniques popular with mariners of past centuries
- TAG SALE–starting at 10 am
- 1:30 pm: Troy Clarkson and Robert Haskell will read The Declaration of Independence
- 2 pm: local author Tom Turkington will discuss his new book “Before I Forget” about growing up in Falmouth
- Complimentary tours of the 1790 Dr. Francis Wicks House
- Complimentary tours of the 1730 Conant House, including the exhibit “Falmouth: Changing with the Times”
- Complimentary tour of exhibit on Falmouth’s whaling past
- Colonial games
- Complimentary popcorn (while supplies last!)
About Highland Street Foundation:
Founded in 1989, the Highland Street Foundation is one of the top 10 family foundations in Massachusetts. Committed to addressing the most pressing needs and concerns for children and families in Massachusetts, Highland Street Foundation provides access and opportunities in education, housing, mentorship, health care, environment, and the arts. In June 2018, Highland Street will mark the 10th anniversary of one of its signature programs, Free Fun Fridays and in 2019 will celebrate the 30th anniversary of the organization’s founding